Dealing With Trees & Construction
We can come out and provide a pre and post construction plan to help ensure specific trees survival during and after construction. There are many factors that are often overlooked when dealing with trees on sites. If maintenance practices are ignored, it may take several years for a mature tree to decline and fail due to the stresses from construction damage.
DAMAGE CAUSED BY CONSTRUCTION
• Physical injury to trunk and crown.
• Soil compaction in the root zone due to heavy machinery.
• Smothering roots with the addition of new soil.
• Severing of critical roots.
• New exposures to wind and sunlight.